POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Opinions : Re: Opinions Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:18:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Opinions
From: David Heys
Date: 4 Apr 2000 13:19:32
Message: <38ea2424@news.povray.org>
Great comments folks. Lemme respond to them en masse:

>Little bits & bobs - like logos etc over it would look good

>I'd say tone down the rust a tad, and add some more stuff
>to the model.  Like maybe some tubes running different places, maybe
>some sort of headlight type thing, or even landing lights. ...  Also, I
>would put one of those taxi advert things on top

>Those, and some means of distinguishing where the glass ends and the
>body starts. Mechanically, I mean. Something like a cleft where the
>glass edge fits or insluation or...

>I love the floor.

>Road salt corrosion on something that stays in the air?  :-)
>I like the ground too.  The cab needs a door.  Seems to me that the overall
body
>texture should be dirty and then a milder blending into the rust part, but
still
>with good paint left behind in places which seems the idea in the first
place.

>Tone the rust down by about 95%, and tyr putting a checkered band round it.

>Nice.  Love the tiles.  Is it just me or doesn't that big yellow
>flap-thingie in the middle of the windshield hinder vision too much?

>In my opinion (some ideas stolen from others), it needs:

>- Headlights,
>- Doors/hatch,
>- hints of a propulsion system (vents, tubes, exhaust pipe, flux-capacitor,
>something...),
>- Taxi sign on the roof,
>- logo/checkered stripe on the side,

Headlights, a door or two, some sort of propulsion system, logo/checkered
strip all make sense, and are already percollating in my mind. Putting in a
cleft between the glass and the metal body is something I really want to do.
I just need to figure out the way to do it. So far, All I'm doing is
clipping. I need to figure it out though. Especially as I will need the same
technique for doors, etc..

Adding dirt, salt corrosion, toning down the rust, etc.. I agree, it needs
doing.

Flap-thingie obscuring vision. Yea.. I'm thinking of adding another segment
of glass right there in the front.

Taxi-advert thing on top. Man, I've always hated those. They're tacky as all
get-out. Maybe I'll make some kind of holographic projection advertisement
thingie.

Love the floor. Yea. So far, it's the best thing going in the scene. :{P

David
--
"The bridges between our dreams and
reality are built upon the three P's.