POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : post proccesing in megapov : Re: post proccesing in megapov Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: post proccesing in megapov
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 3 Apr 2000 09:57:49
Message: <38e8a35d$1@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes <omn### [at] hotmailcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote...
> The focal blur must be similar somehow to the camera blurring way, not
> conventional AA.  That could be what goes wrong with it I guess, the
camera blur
> method still does an AA on even the sharp focus but the post process seems
> remove any AA which was done, or at least cause a backward step.  No doubt
> because that process uses only the 3D info and not the pixel sampling.
That's
> the way I figure it.

True.  Post processed focal blur currently removes some anti-aliasing.  I'm
trying to figure out a way to make it work (without slowing down the render)
but I haven't come up with a good solution.  The problem is that the depth
information for a ray is not anti-aliased, and I don't think that it can be.
I might try, but I just haven't had time recently.

-Nathan