POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Atm0sphere vs. Media Method 3 : Re: Atmo. vs. Media [my try at it: ~22KB] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Atmo. vs. Media [my try at it: ~22KB]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 3 Apr 2000 07:03:12
Message: <38e87a70@news.povray.org>
I gave this a try too.  At first I couldn't get any of the media to show up but
when it did it looked okay.  So from there I figured what it needed for the
flames lighting to show up better on the neighboring matches was to use
radiosity.
You might want to do a correct aspect ratio render Ken.  It makes a big
difference as you will see here, I made this 270 width by 300 height for the 9
by 10 ratio suggested in the scene file.  The media was:
  media {
    method 3
    intervals 3
    samples 3,3
absorption <.15,.1,.05>*.025
    scattering {1,rgb 0.234 extinction 0.0133}
}

Under 16 minutes to render with +QR +a0.25 +r2 +am2 on a PIII 500MHz

Bob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'match_mp.jpg' (16 KB)