POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photons and media image (~25k) and questions/bug reports (mainly for Nathan) : Re: Photons and media image (~25k) and questions/bug reports (mainly for Nathan) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 20:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons and media image (~25k) and questions/bug reports (mainly for Nathan)
From: Warp
Date: 28 Mar 2000 05:11:12
Message: <38e0853f@news.povray.org>
Ok, the pass_through helped.
  It's just not very intuitive. If the light passes through transparent
objects, why not the photons? I think many people will be confused by this
feature.
  Of course adding pass_through to the box made the second light source to
send photons to the media too. I, however, found a temporary fix: Adding
looks_like { sphere { 0,.1 pigment { rgbt 1 } } }
to the light source has the same effect as
photons { reflection off refraction off }
should have.

  I made the container box a lot smaller and it looks a lot better now.
The reflected beams are denser and the sharp line is much less obvious now.
  The second image uses method 2. There's a strange non-lit line where there
was a sharp edge before (at the beginning of the first reflected beam). Also
the light reflected from the lens is almost gone.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'photontest.jpg' (26 KB) Download 'photontest2.jpg' (14 KB)

Preview of image 'photontest.jpg'
photontest.jpg

Preview of image 'photontest2.jpg'
photontest2.jpg