POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Tiled images : Re: Tiled images Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tiled images
From: Monte
Date: 27 Mar 2000 16:08:15
Message: <38dfc8be.17563575@news.povray.org>
Kevin,
Thanks for your time and the quick response. I have looked over the
tutorial from Maestro Mysterieux, and have gone through the examples.

I've still got some questions though. I appologize for not giving
enough information the first time.

How can I control the size of the tiled image?
Image_map seems to only apply the image in a repeated 1x1 pattern. I
can apply the image map to the object, then scale the object. I want
to scale the image map before (or as) it is applied to the object,
without scaling the object.

Is this something easier done with something like the "texture tiler"
or some such utility? I've also downloaded something called "Tile
Generator Macro". Maybe this is what used to be called "Texture
Tiler".

I am trying to render images and apply existing color chips to them,
such as you would get from your local "Formica", or "Wilsonart"
dealer. Also for wood flooring and such. Straight color chips can be
tiled easily 1x1, but some flooring patterns need to have the size of
the "tile" controlled as it is applied to the "floor".

Thanks again,
-Monte

Original message from Kevin: