POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Photon bug? : Re: Photon bug? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 08:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon bug?
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 27 Mar 2000 13:53:41
Message: <38dfae35@news.povray.org>
Apparantly I fixed this already.  In my WIP version of 0.5, this will shoot
photons even if both reflection and refraction are turned off for the second
light source.

Neat scene, by the way.  :-)  It's a good example of media photons.  If
you'd like, you could clean up the code (however much you want) and I'll
include it in the MegaPov demos.

-Nathan

Eric Freeman <eri### [at] datasynccom> wrote...

> As far as the second light source causing no photons to be shot, here's
the
> scene file.  I'm not sure what part of it would be useful, so I'm posting
> the whole thing.  Pardon the sloppy code.  The second light source is just
> after the camera declaration.  If "reflection off" is set in this light,
no
> photons are shot.  The scene requires "kolors.inc" and my
"mega_metals.inc"