POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : pov to moray conversions: possible? : may be it's getting offtopic (Re: POV Plug-ins (was Re: pov to moray conversions: possible?)) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:29:48 EDT (-0400)
  may be it's getting offtopic (Re: POV Plug-ins (was Re: pov to moray conversions: possible?))
From: Walzer
Date: 27 Mar 2000 13:32:05
Message: <38dfa925@news.povray.org>
>   Not to talk about the speed difference between C and Java.
>   POV-Ray is already slow enough. Let's not make it even slower.
This may be correct on our current Hardware, where javacode is processed in
virtual machine, emulated by software ... but have you heard about the
current Transmeta-Crusoe-Processor, able to run every binarycode (with the
correct microcode) in Hardware ..
Future becomes present ..

--
jan walzer <wal### [at] informatikuni-hallede>