POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Infernal blasted image maps : Re: Infernal blasted image maps Server Time
2 Oct 2024 20:25:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Infernal blasted image maps
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 27 Mar 2000 09:10:43
Message: <38df6be3@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote in message <38DF5802.32786C20@my-dejanews.com>...
>Nope. I once tried changing the size of the box to fit the aspect ratio of
the
>image, and still got something stupidly distorted.

Did you change the size before or after applying the image

>Do we have to beg for a fix in mega 0.5, or isn't there SOME way to get pov
>'decal' this without crazy distortions?

It's not a bug.

Please assume that img1.gif is 100*500 pixels.

box {
 <0,0,0>,<1,5,0.01>  // box starts with correct ratio
 pigment {
  image_map {
    gif "img1.gif"
  }
  scale <1,5,1>  // scaling the pigment
 }
}

The above code hasn't been tested, but I think it's right.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * Reality.dat not found         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Attempting to reboot universe *
* Document program code? Why do you think it's called code?        *