POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Towards a procedural tree macro (62kbbu) : Re: Towards a procedural tree macro (62kbbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 20:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Towards a procedural tree macro (62kbbu)
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 26 Mar 2000 11:00:33
Message: <38de3421@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <"gregj;-)56590\""@aol.c;-)om> wrote :

> Here's my first stab at a procedurally derived tree.  Further
> experimentation underway.  Feel free to take this and improve it.

    Again, not too shabby. But I think that starting from this it will be
hard to improve it much. I would rather see something that is more like the
lparser system that can start from a basic trunk and then divides into
branches and twigs. Then you could use trace or something to put leaves on
it...

    I am really interested in this and am pounding away at it. But I have
little hope of accomplishing it. I can't get a division, not even a simple
Y... once I get that the rest should just be tedium.