POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Free Windows C++ Compiler Available : Re: Free Windows C++ Compiler Available Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free Windows C++ Compiler Available
From: Eric Freeman
Date: 24 Mar 2000 12:32:04
Message: <38dba694@news.povray.org>
news:38B0ACD8.5C5A676C@pacbell.net...

> Followups-to: povray.programming
>
> See http://www.borland.com/bcppbuilder/freecompiler/
>
> I don't know if it's got everything needed to compile POV
> for Windows but it's a good start. Maybe some of you
> folks could beat on it a bit and see if it works. If it does
> work for compiling POV-Ray let me know and I'll link to it
> from the links pages at povray.org.

Hey, cool.  I should read this group more often.  I'll take a look at it and
post a reply here.  I really felt guilty (well... a little guilty) about
having a bootleg copy of MS VC++, but then my hard drive crashed and I lost
it (fate, karma, Bill Gates' revenge???).

Eric
http://www.datasync.com/~ericfree
"I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it."
- Erwin Schrodinger talking about Quantum Mechanics.