POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : BeastWars : Re: BeastWars Server Time
21 Jul 2024 01:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BeastWars
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 21 Mar 2000 22:05:43
Message: <38d83887@news.povray.org>
news:38D82BF7.657D7C3F@pacbell.net...

| I think it would be fun to race someone sometime with computers
| set up side by side to see if the hand coder can beat the GUI
| modeller for a given scene.

I wouldn't bet on you (nothing personal) if the modeled scene weren't too
complex to begin with.  Having seen (and used) GUI modelers I'd say a person
could click a few buttons and enter several fields to get a whole scene file
done fairly quickly.  The main thing is experience, and in fact Moray seems
pretty intuitive to me although I still haven't tried it enough to know it well.
A more complex scene involves too much thinking to compete against the clock or
another person.  That wouldn't be a test of modeler vs. text editor anymore.
But I would cheer you on, being a text editor enthusiast myself.

Bob