POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : A Proposal for XML POV : Re: A Proposal for XML POV Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:26:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Proposal for XML POV
From: Ron Parker
Date: 21 Mar 2000 13:59:43
Message: <38d7c69f$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 12:13:47 -0800, Bruce wrote:
><g> And just for a bit of a teaser, I am looking very seriously at using
>the POV parser in just this way! It means the end product will have to
>be completely open source, and fall squarely within the limitations of
>the POV license, but I hope it will be useful to POV user's, and perhaps
>garner some support and customization from the current user base.

Better check again before you get too far into that...

  A "custom version" is defined as a fully functional version of POV-
  Ray with all existing features intact. ANY OTHER USE OF ANY POV-
  Ray SOURCE CODE IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED. The POV-Team does not
  license source code for any use outside POV-Ray. No portion of the
  POV-Ray source code may be incorporated into another program
  unless it is clearly a custom version of POV-Ray that includes all
  of the basic functions of POV-Ray.