POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mega 0.4 Transparency Bug??? : Mega 0.4 Transparency Bug??? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 08:13:00 EDT (-0400)
  Mega 0.4 Transparency Bug???
From: Eric Freeman
Date: 21 Mar 2000 12:47:13
Message: <38d7b5a1$1@news.povray.org>
Hey all,

I made a couple of images (see povray.binaries.images post of the same name)
showing an odd result of using transparency.  The first image shows a
transparent object (merge of a box and a cylinder... pigment {rgbf
<0.9,0.9,0.9,0.9>}) on a plane.  The second image is just like the first
except it uses a spotlight instead of a point light.  The problem is the
plane (and green bar) in the distance... it is much more visible as seen
thru the transparent object than it is on the sides of the image.  I
rendered it in official 3.1 and the effect was there, but to a much lesser
extent.  Is this a bug???

Eric
http://www.datasync.com/~ericfree
"I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it."
- Erwin Schrodinger talking about Quantum Mechanics.