POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Ray Logo Competition info! : Re: my logo competition entry: in need of doctor Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my logo competition entry: in need of doctor
From: vaihtoehto
Date: 21 Mar 2000 07:33:44
Message: <38d76c28@news.povray.org>
>I have to agree on that one. Still, the final logo, whether with text or
>not, must always be the same. That is, if the final logo includes text,
then
>the logo must always include that text, since it is a part of the logo.

why?
i mean, it is the logo itself which is important.
(looks too much like virgins logo, btw :) i had to change it slighty if
people vote for it. right now i don't have time for that..)
and the text, whatever it is, is there for only balancing the picture and
giving some extra information.
as long as text looks same,  it doesn't matter if it says "ray" or "pov-ray"
or "dead piglet". (font, range kerning, horizontal scale and so on..)

>Hey, I can include both versions if you like!
>Then the voters will be the ones to decide.

if you want..
but that could get too complex. someone likes the logo but votes for text
and then they get angry and bloodthirsty and come here and..

i *still* like that new "ray" -version most so could you put it on your site
please?:)

-alt