POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Ray Logo Competition info! : Re: my logo competition entry: in need of doctor Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my logo competition entry: in need of doctor
From: Rune
Date: 20 Mar 2000 18:33:44
Message: <38d6b558@news.povray.org>
"vaihtoehto" wrote:
> Rune wrote:
> >You say yourself that the text is not a part of the logo
> >itself, and since the competition is about the logo itself only, I
suggest
> >that you simply submit the logo without text at all.
>
> simple yet elegant suggestion :)
> still, some text underneath logo itself balances whole picture quite well,
> it's unstable without text.

I have to agree on that one. Still, the final logo, whether with text or
not, must always be the same. That is, if the final logo includes text, then
the logo must always include that text, since it is a part of the logo.

> i seem to have some kind of mental problems with making decisions..
>
> anyway, i won't whine anymore about this subject and you could change
> pictures on your site to those new ones i posted: ray*.png images with
text
> "ray".

Hey, I can include both versions if you like!
Then the voters will be the ones to decide.
While I'm at it I could also include the version of your logo that I made
myself (the one with big ugly italic text), but I feel it's a little like
stealing so I don't know...

> if you are still interested :)

This is not an official competition with real deadlines.
I would like this interesting discussion to take the time it takes. :-)

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated March 15: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,