POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Ray Logo Competition info! : Re: my logo competition entry: new versions Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my logo competition entry: new versions
From: Rune
Date: 20 Mar 2000 11:12:31
Message: <38d64def@news.povray.org>
"vaihtoehto" wrote:
> comments / suggestions?

Yes! :-)

> i tried bigger font, but it draws attention away from logo itself (and
looks
> ugly too :)

How the font should be is a matter of taste. You like it better with a small
font, I like it better with a bigger font, and others probably likes it
better a third way. You say yourself that the text is not a part of the logo
itself, and since the competition is about the logo itself only, I suggest
that you simply submit the logo without text at all.

> i tried italic, but that looked somewhat crappy and more like a
> lufthansa/finnair/whatever logo than persistence of vision raytracer.

A matter of taste.

> i was thinking that it could be possible to create "house type" (i don't
> know english term): same theme (circle and V in my entry) but different
> versions. with text "ray" / "pov-ray" / "persistence of Vision raytracer"
/
> without text at all and so on..
> so instead of creating one logo for all purposes could one create several
> versions for paper prints / web-pages / start logo etc.

Well, the logo itself should always be exactly the same (except for
resolutions etc.), but if the logo was without the text one could place text
next to it as one please. That would in fact work the same way as you
suggests yourself, except that there's a more clear definition of what the
logo is.

What is your opinion?

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated March 15: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,