POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : pov to moray conversions: possible? : Re: POV-Ray License[Was:Re: pov to moray conversions: possible?] Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray License[Was:Re: pov to moray conversions: possible?]
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 20 Mar 2000 04:30:40
Message: <38d4897c.1623220@news.stmuc.com>
Hi Ken, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Lutz, sorry for the off topic discussion.
It's not really that off-topic<g>.

I have also thought about this and I've always wished that the POV-Ray
parser would be excluded from that specific part of the license, since
the parser is not something that people could make a profit with in a
way that goes against the work of the POV-Team or the spirit of
POV-Ray. It *would* help POV gain more support in other programs,
especially converters, though.
And the parser is not rocket-science, it's just a whole lot of work to
implement.

I've never felt strongly enough about it to bring it up in the
POV-Team, though<g>. I always thought there were more important
features to implement (in Moray, that is).

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray