POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Ray Logo Competition info! : Re: my logo competition entry (not too late i hope :) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 11:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my logo competition entry (not too late i hope :)
From: vaihtoehto
Date: 18 Mar 2000 10:08:31
Message: <38d39bef@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:
>You say that the logo sort of "means" "persistence of vision".
>While that's a nice idea, it is not very easy to tell when you haven't been
>told.

yes, i am aware of that. i planned that after a while people would associate
text "persistance of vision" with logo.
and so i avoided text "pov".
but i will try if it looks good with text "pov-ray".

>I think that doesn't matter, the logo is fine. But the text underneath
>saying "ray" suggests that the word "pov" or "persistence of vision" is to
>be found in the logo above the text. As I said, one will maybe not find
>this, and thus be confused that the first part of "POV-Ray" is missing.

i thought there would be some text around the logo mentioning "pov-ray" or
"persistence of vision" and so i didn't included it.

>You could also make the logo slightly bigger because there's some unused
>space to the left and right of the logo.

text is small because logo is fat. it's about contrast.
on low resolutions it get's unclear, though.
i'll try to fix it :)

i just found this news-place and this program does not let me see older
messages.. so i'm not sure what is this competition all about.
could someone kind enough explain?

-alt