POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Image mapping : Re: Image mapping Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image mapping
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 18 Mar 2000 09:17:19
Message: <38d3879f.357663@news.stmuc.com>
Hi ryan constantine, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> an item i wish was in moray:  the ability to add lines to pov and inc output
> that would not be erased each time you make a new save.

I'm posting a comment from an email to you here for the benefit of
those that also want this functionality.

If you're trying to add code that is independant of any Moray objects,
the best way to do it is to create an include file with the code you
want to add. Then add this file to the Includes dialog.

Otherwise you can get away with the following workaround:
Export the scene (say it's called XYZSCENE.MDL).
Edit the XYZSCENE.INC file.
Add the following line anywhere in the file:
  // $MRX$: ReservedCode
Then add the code you don't want Moray to overwrite

Moray will then keep the code after the line you added up to the next
texture definition (or the end of the file) on subsequent exports.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray