POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Image mapping : Re: Image mapping Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image mapping
From: Pascal Golay
Date: 17 Mar 2000 14:14:26
Message: <38d28412@news.povray.org>
ryan constantine wrote in message <38D2747B.325E9DDF@yahoo.com>...
>first, a work around for the adding to an existing tex lib is to copy all
>textures in the library to your current scene and then export them all over
the
>top of the original.

OK- thnks for the sugestions-I'll do something like that. Neverthe less, not
the most polished feature...

>third, image mapping.  you'll have to use MegaPov for u,v image mapping and
code
>it by hand.  it's not super hard once your models are built, but it would
be
>easier in an editor like moray.

Yes- I'm not very far into this MegaPOV business- can I repeat in the U orV
direction in Mega, and use a cylindrical projection at the same time?

>an item i wish was in moray:  the ability to add lines to pov and inc
output
>that would not be erased each time you make a new save.  for example, if i
want
>to use megapov, i have to wait until the very end of scene construction and
then
>add the needed lines by hand.  not a big deal until i realize i need to
change
>something in moray.  okay, i just need to add the megapov stuff one more
time.
>oops, there's one more detail i need to fix in moray... you can see how
this can
>get tedious.  it would also allow for use of any features in any version of
>pov.  it would be easy to implement as a comment line could be added before
and
>after to tell moray to leave it alone.

Yup, That's what I see as the stumbling block to using Moray/Mega, though I
gather regular old POV will get the Mega features before too too long and
the issue would become moot, though not for other versions of POV...

Thanks for your help.

-Pascal