POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Kaleido_Tiles (pattern macro) : Re: Kaleido_Tiles (pattern macro) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kaleido_Tiles (pattern macro)
From: Ron Parker
Date: 17 Mar 2000 08:23:11
Message: <38d231bf$1@news.povray.org>
And for those who don't want to use MegaPOV...

I've changed the semantics a bit.  The texture for the tile pattern is
passed to the macro instead of being a global variable, and I've added
a "Fade" parameter to control the size of the region between solid grout
and solid tile.  It must be between zero and the size of the grout.  See
the plane below for an example of how to invoke this macro.

#macro Kaleido_Tiles2( K_Tex, K_Grout, Fade )
  #local K_K=pigment {
    K_Tex
    warp {repeat x flip x}
    translate x
    rotate 45*y
    warp {repeat x flip x}
    rotate 45*y
    warp {repeat x flip x}
    rotate 45*y
    warp {repeat x flip x}
  }

  gradient x pigment_map {[(K_Grout-Fade)/2 rgb 1]
     [K_Grout/2 gradient z pigment_map {[(K_Grout-Fade)/2 rgb 1]
     [K_Grout/2 K_K]}]}
  warp {repeat .5*x flip x}
  warp {repeat .5*z flip z}
#end

plane { y 0
    pigment{
        Kaleido_Tiles2( pigment {bozo scale .2}, .2, .1 )
    }
}