POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Preview of New Blob Man and his Friend (29Kb bu) : SV: Preview of New Blob Man and his Friend (29Kb bu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 22:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  SV: Preview of New Blob Man and his Friend (29Kb bu)
From: Sebastian Strand
Date: 17 Mar 2000 07:55:11
Message: <38d22b2f@news.povray.org>
> Here is a quick scene showing how Blob Man has changed.
> I have remodelled Blob Man himself, and there will be a lot of new
features
> when the next version comes out.
> The new release shouldn't be too long, in the meantime if anyone has any
> comments or suggestions.......

Great to see that one of my favorite include files is evolving!
Suggestion: It would be good if it was easier to scale him/her into a
certain size. When I wanted a blobman that was exactly 1.8 meters tall I had
to do a lot of trial and error, and ended up doing a while loop with trace()
to measure his height so I could scale him... Also more of the Origin_* vars
would be nice, so you could position stuff at, for example, the
shoulders/elbows/nose/etc...