POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media Question : Re: Media Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Question
From: Tom Melly
Date: 15 Mar 2000 15:07:29
Message: <38cfed81@news.povray.org>
> I experimented breifly with the scene and found that the thicker BoxB is,
the
> more "spotted" with dark spots it gets, so by the time it gets a deep as
you
> have it, it has so many darker spots that it appears to be black with
white
> spots.

Sounds right - I first ran into this using media with a hollow plane, then a
deep box before finally in a "one last try" mood using a thinner box.

> You can increase the intervals and samples of the media, but the cost in
> rendering time is enormous. I don't recommend it, but it does increase the
> white levels of the media.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it out.

However, I suspect that this might just result in a less spots, more black -
I only say this as this is what I get in the MegaPOV which seems less prone
to "spotiness" in medias.
--
Tom Melly
tom### [at] tomandluforce9couk