POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : QUESTION: Radiosity problem in POV-Ray v3.1g : Re: QUESTION: Radiosity problem in POV-Ray v3.1g Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QUESTION: Radiosity problem in POV-Ray v3.1g
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 15 Mar 2000 08:31:40
Message: <38cf90bc@news.povray.org>
The comments for ot_index_box() in octree.c contain the following text:

*   PORTABILITY WARNING:  this function REQUIRES IEEE single precision
floating
*   point format to work.  This is true of most common systems except VAXen,
*   Crays, and Alpha AXP in VAX compatibility mode.  Local "float" variables
*   can NOT be made double precision "double" or "DBL".

-Nathan

Robert Alan Byer <bye### [at] mailourserversnet> wrote...