POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : POV errors out of Moray : Re: POV errors out of Moray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV errors out of Moray
From: Pascal Golay
Date: 14 Mar 2000 21:32:51
Message: <38cef653@news.povray.org>
HI Charles- thanks for the help. As far as saving files goes, I do see that
once I decide to run an obj file in Moray I haven't saved antything clutter
wise. Once I get this all under control I may well take to exporting UDO
from Rhino. In the meantime, OBJ gives me the option since NuGraf does not
read UDO.

    I discovered that my image mapping confusion stemmed from a
misunderstanding on my part abot how Moray gives me a preview in the
material editor. It appeared that the logical approach of layering a 'once'
image over another texture was not working because Moray quite reasonably
previews only the portion of a material that is selected, not the whole
thing every time, and I thought I was getting a preview of the complete
material when I had the Image selected in the editor. Duh.  All's well now
on that front.

-Pascal