POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sascha/Escher Waterfall Illusion [~175kb Jpg] : Sascha/Escher Waterfall Illusion [~175kb Jpg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 22:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  Sascha/Escher Waterfall Illusion [~175kb Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 14 Mar 2000 07:40:10
Message: <38ce332a@news.povray.org>
I came across this scene file recently among the files I have which was done for
the IRTC by Sascha Ledinsky for the Water stills round back in '98.  I didn't
realize it had come from there at first since I could only look for "Sascha
Ledinsky" by internet search (easier to find than you might think).
I had apparently tried in vain to fix it a year ago so that the render didn't
need to be split into two sections in order for the illusion to work.  I had
more success at it this second time now having used boxes to clip the pertinent
parts instead of the planes as was originally done (not as easy as it sounds).
And of course it's still not perfect.
Anyway, it's one of those very interesting 3D models and effects that is
intriguing to many people so I thought I'd show it here.  Sascha's is at:
http://oz.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/1998-10-31/waterfa1.jpg
Replace the "jpg" with "txt" or "zip" to get to those files there.  Anyone
wanting to see my changed version could ask here (don't email) but I have yet to
hear from Sascha regarding passing around this copyrighted scene file modified
or not.

Bob
--
omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'escherwaterfallcopy.jpg' (129 KB)

Preview of image 'escherwaterfallcopy.jpg'
escherwaterfallcopy.jpg