POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Bending cylinder object w/blurred reflection. : Bending cylinder object w/blurred reflection. Server Time
20 Jul 2024 19:36:49 EDT (-0400)
  Bending cylinder object w/blurred reflection.
From: Simen Kvaal
Date: 13 Mar 2000 02:58:15
Message: <38cc9f97@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I recall seeing a cg-animation on a tv show a couple of years ago; when 3d
computer animation was still a new and hot topic. It was a cylinder bending
over, finally touching the ground. I have used some time trying to recreate
that magic (!) moment, using triangle meshes, blobs, unions of cylinders
et.c., but none came as close as this. It contains some simple yet clever
(in my opinion) maths to create and animate the object, which is rather
simple.

The animation takes place in a not-too-interesting environment, (read: a
checkered plane), but the blurred reflection looks quite good reflecting a
well-defined pattern.

By the way: has anyone yet tried to animate blurred reflection? Is this the
first post of that kind?

I think this was enough rambling about such a simple animation.

Simen.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Bender.mpg' (523 KB)