POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I need to fix this.. : Re: I need to fix this.. Server Time
3 Oct 2024 04:56:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I need to fix this..
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 12 Mar 2000 11:12:45
Message: <38cbc1fd@news.povray.org>
"Lt. Kettch" <AKK### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> I am trying to put two cylinders together, but the red over laps onto
> the gray(90) and vice-verca. How do I crop the over lapping parts with
> out leaving a big hole in the finished item? BTW the gray that sticks
> out the back of the red doesn't matter.

I've been playing with this and it is not as simple a problem as I thought.
In cases where the proper cylinders are chosen my solution (when corrected)
works, but with some other cylinders it does not, as you found out I am
sure.

Intersections of planes should work, but you would have to work out the math
for each union and my math is not up to that. I am sure one of the vector
functions will do it, but someone else will have to answer that question.