POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : StarFleet Blobs (Very big) : Re: StarFleet Blobs (Very big) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:30:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: StarFleet Blobs (Very big)
From: Ross Litscher
Date: 10 Mar 2000 22:58:32
Message: <38c9c468@news.povray.org>
Criticism:

I don't really like the lights on the ship. I mean, the windows or whatever
they are (the blue things). On the dark side of the ship they look
appropriate, er well, decent atleast. If they are windows, then i actually
don't think they fit quite right. If they are just lights, then they look
alright, but only on the dark parts of the ship. Where the ship is
illuminated, they look like they were drawn on with markers.

I guess the same goes for the ships texture. It looks fsking awesome in the
lowlight areas of the ship, but looks a little too plast[icky] in the well
lit areas.

All this of course with a grain of salt (or whatever the saying is) because
I couldn't do any better. Well, I don't have the patience to try anyway. I'd
like to comment on the actual modeling of this. I am not familiar with the
original and i didn't bother to follow the link you gave, but this is a very
fine modeling job. I really dig the concavity in the rear fins of the ship.

I figure most people here will just comment on how brilliant this is and how
amazing your ship modeling skills are. A little constructive criticism never
hurts. I'm sure we'll see a finished version in the near future. I look
forward to it.

ross.