POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Lighthouse ~90kB : Re: A Lighthouse ~90kB Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:27:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Lighthouse ~90kB
From: Andre
Date: 10 Mar 2000 14:59:50
Message: <38c95436$1@news.povray.org>
I have a couple of suggestions:
foget the sky_sphere, instead, add a constant fog in a color of blue with a
distance of 10000
add a ground fog with a distance of 7000
if you want some fog over the water it can also be added (not recommended
not doing a night scene, would look real)
the clouds would be two identical very large spheres ( scale
<6000,8000,6000>) with media. the densities should agate or something like
that and have slightly different turbulences.  now CSG the spheres with
intersenction.  you should get pretty good clouds, but a LONG render time...

I think the coulds are media type 3, but I'm not sure.

about the water:

make the plane hollow, and add an absorbtion media that is the opposite of a
greenish blue (did that make sense?)  now add a large sphere or cylinder
(like the clouds) under the plane.  this should make the water that's closer
to the land lighter than the far away ocean.

I'm not sure if that is what you wanted, but I hope you can use it.

you will also want to add a light source that does not interact with media,
so that the clouds dont create shadows all over the place.  Or you might
want the shadows....

have fun!

Andre the avillez

----