POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Import Menu : Re: Import Menu Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Import Menu
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 10 Mar 2000 00:28:43
Message: <38c83737.5230379@news.stmuc.com>
Hi Steven Jones, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> I've noticed that in the import menu is the option to import city
> coordinates.  Why is this, when you consider that I do NOT have the city
> include file installed?
Actually, this has nothing to do with the City plugin. It is an test
import routine that imports longitude/latitude coordinates and places
spheres at the locations. I forgot to remove that item from the Import
plugin (that also imports PDB files). If it bothers you, delete the
ImportStuff.dll.

For those interested, the file is a text file and each line has this
format:
cityname;latitude;longitude
Where the latitude is between -90 an 90 and the longitude between -180
and 180. The coordinates are adjusted somewhat to match an image map
of the earth that is a bit wrong.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray