POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : lighting help : Re: lighting help Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:18:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lighting help
From: Mark
Date: 9 Mar 2000 07:49:37
Message: <38c79de1$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the links and tips..will check them out.  These graphic game
designers were explaining that:

1)  The first light is a point light, bright and up high
2) The second is an area light, no shadows, slightly warm and at a 45 degree
angle to the first.
3) Third is another point light (I think - but this could be a spot light),
from the rear of the object - in this case a space craft, cooler color,
bright again and up high too.

Will investigate the links to see if a specific tutorial exists on the
(in)famous three light method.

BTW - is there such a thing as a *standard* natural light setup?

Thanks,
Mark