POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : GIF animations : Re: GIF animations Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:31:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GIF animations
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 6 Mar 2000 17:47:44
Message: <38c43590@news.povray.org>
"Eric Freeman" <eri### [at] datasynccom> wrote :

> I just tried a small (29k) animated GIF as my background and it was jerky
> and slow to move (on a P133).

    I tried them too, and though I got some nice results on my 400mhz I
wasn't satisfied. I didn't try the webpage thing, but it make sense, being
as how I can load up a page with several large ones when making lessons for
my child and they run fine.

    I really would like "Active DeskTop" to have more support, if only for
the "Gee Whiz" effect.