POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A little abstract. - cracked.jpg : Re: A little abstract. - cracked.jpg Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:30:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A little abstract. - cracked.jpg
From: David Curtis
Date: 6 Mar 2000 11:20:32
Message: <38c3dad0$1@news.povray.org>
Damian Ridgley <dri### [at] wildeandpartnerscouk> wrote in message
> Hi David, indeed hi all as this is only my first proper post.
>
> I've found that this works best if, in Rhino, you mesh each polysurface
> individually using the 'Mesh' tool, rather than saving all NURBS to a POV
> file with the default settings.
> Also, when meshing, use the 'Detailed Controls' and play about with the
> settings.  For best results, reduce the 'Max Angle' setting to an
> appropriate value (this is the angle that the NURBS surface must sweep
> through before a new facet is created and as you can imagine, the default
> value of 20 is a bit 'dirty' and would only split a circle into an 18
sided
> polygon).

Damian, Thanks for your help. It seems that surface seams are the worst.

What I'd really like to see is a NURBS primitive in POV. Anybody else? There
seems to be a lot of resistance to the idea, but I don't understand why. So
old-schoolers with their hand-written code won't have any use for it, but
who cares? If they don't want it they don't have to use it. I'm not asking
anybody to program the code for the primitive, I'll do it myself. Hopefully
others would be interested enough to help.

Dave.
mic### [at] sympaticoca