POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad Escher Imitation <13k jpg> : Re: Bad Escher Imitation <13k jpg> Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:31:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad Escher Imitation <13k jpg>
From: Eric Freeman
Date: 4 Mar 2000 08:22:46
Message: <38c10e26@news.povray.org>
"Steve" <sjl### [at] ndirectcouk> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] zero-ppslocaldomain...

> Looks good,  I don't remember ever seeing the
> original, but my knowledge of art and artists is very
> limited.  If you post a link to an image of the
> original I'll go and have a look at it.

http://www.cs.unc.edu/~davemc/Pic/Escher/sphere_port.jpg

When I made mine I didn't have a sphere to put in the hand to get the spread
of the fingers correct, so that's wrong.  Also, when I put clothes on the
figure it looked ok in Poser but they didn't fit correctly when I exported
it, so my guy is butt nekkid (not to mention the very facetted look).  Since
my time was limited, I just left the guy in the default standing position.
The next time I get to use Poser (my friend who has it lives 150 miles away,
so it will be a while) I will do some more work on it.

Eric
http://www.datasync.com/~ericfree
"I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it."
- Erwin Schrodinger talking about Quantum Mechanics.