POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My version of the reflecting sphere on checkered plane : Re: My version of the reflecting sphere on checkered plane Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:29:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My version of the reflecting sphere on checkered plane
From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 2 Mar 2000 05:29:21
Message: <38be4281@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
: What's with the strange shadow lines ?

  Yes, it looks like the half of the gap that is closer to the camera (ie. the
normal points away from the camera) should be brighter than the other one
(normal pointing towards the camera), but they look equal in brightness.
  The main light source is rotated just 20 degrees from the z-axis so it's
not that much facing the above mentioned gap half. Perhaps that is the
reason. Or perhaps there's still some strange normal bug?
  Or perhaps you are talking about the white lines in the gap? I'm not
completely sure where does them come. Perhaps they are reflections from
the sphere and/or highlights. Or perhaps another normal bug?

  I can post the source code if someone wants to investigate.