POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RE : My first picture with media (Hopefully it is now uploaded ...) : Re: RE : My first picture with media (Hopefully it is now uploaded ...) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:28:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RE : My first picture with media (Hopefully it is now uploaded ...)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 29 Feb 2000 19:24:24
Message: <38bc6338@news.povray.org>
"Hartmut Wagener" <har### [at] arcormailde> wrote in message
| What about the parameters of media that i have not used (confidence, rate,
| variation)?

| ... (?)) and a jitter of 1.
|
| Media seems to be a pov-function where trial (and long waiting) is the only
| way to get results for new users of this command ...

You have found it out  :-)
---insert---
Well, it's obvious I can't get povray syntax right when replying here instead of
using it in POV.  Sorry about my other reply here if anyone saw it.  Mistaken
stuff said.  I never use those keywords: confidence, variance, ratio (not
"rate". Well, I have used that one but it never seems to make a difference) in
media which is why i didn't think they belonged in a media statement.  Once a
newbie always a newbie ;-)
---insert---
I just realized the megapov.html file says there is a "new keyword --
sample_method" but then goes on to say only "method", so I suppose that is in
error.
Be careful if you ever use media method 2 instead of 3, the samples will need to
have the same minimum and maximum values to get a smooth media from what I've
seen of it.  Also the type 3 (you apparently used 2 though) for murky media
tends to thicken it up quite a bit.
But you're right, trial and error because every scene can be so different.

Bob