POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 4.5 Week Render (Gasp!) : Re: 4.5 Week Render (Gasp!) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 08:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4.5 Week Render (Gasp!)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Feb 2000 11:17:37
Message: <38b94e21@news.povray.org>
No doubt the refraction and reflection eating into the render time.  You didn't
say what 'phd' was equal to but I suppose 1.
I was thinking when I first saw the pitcher that it might be non-smooth glass or
plastic but the clear refractions don't prove that out.  A good candidate for
Chris Huff's transparency blurring patch.
All in all it seems the makings of a year long project if everything you say
were to be done, either that or render farm comes to mind, heh-heh.

Bob