POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Maze 60kb : Re: A Maze 60kb Server Time
3 Oct 2024 02:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Maze 60kb
From: Robert Chaffe
Date: 27 Feb 2000 00:28:17
Message: <38b8b5f1@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" <the### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message

> "Robert Chaffe" <a0003738@airmail.net> wrote :
> >
> > Any interest?
> >

>     Need you ask? Also, I would love to see this with some height, but I
> doubt that you could get much of it in any sort of real scene. I don't
> imagine that most renderings would use so many rows and columns so the
save
> data to file part might want to be an option.

I have posted another image that shows some height with a
slightly smaller maze.

My thought on the parsing time reduction was for possible uses of
a maze in an animation.  The entire parsing time was for the
calculation of direction data.  Since the direction data would not
change between renderings of scenes in an animation sequence,
it might be nice to just do those calculations once.

But you're right, most renderings probably don't need mazes that are
50x50 in size!  Most of the details will be lost when viewed at an angle.

rc