POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : My personal wishlist : Re: My personal wishlist Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My personal wishlist
From: TonyB
Date: 26 Feb 2000 16:26:33
Message: <38b84509@news.povray.org>
>I think that the non-programmers might balk at this.

I wouldn't mind if you could make it so that both types of users could work
happily: that is, for POV to support both syntaxes, this way

#declare Whatever = something;

would be just as valid as

#declare Whatever = (int) something;

Of course, this would mean that the programmers would have to be nice enough
to provide dual versions of their files for those who couldn't understand C.
Although, maybe non-programmers wouldn't mind in the case that you had an
include that does something that greatly benefits from these specific
variable types and they had to reason to read the include, just #include it
and enjoy the benefits. Right?