POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first in a long time - Sloncho-wip-1.jpg : Re: My first in a long time - Sloncho-wip-1.jpg Server Time
3 Oct 2024 08:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first in a long time - Sloncho-wip-1.jpg
From: Jetlag
Date: 25 Feb 2000 15:21:52
Message: <38b6e460@news.povray.org>
> Here's an in-progress render of a scene I'm working on. There's still
> a lot to be done but I felt like sharing it anyway. Please let me know
> what you think.
>
> The elephant was modelled in the Rhino eval. The flame is a highly
> modified Howard Day one. The walls have a weird normal and that's
> about all there's to this image.

Sometimes its hard to put life in a pov image; you've done a terrific job of
accomplishing just that (even if it is a model of an inanimate object).

> Right now the walls are a rounded box with a normal. I'd greatly
> appreciate it if someone could help me make an isosurface version of
> that.

Here's a 30x30x30 (I think) rounded box, made out of clay with a nice color
map, the camera is currently inside the box looking towards a corner.  If
you need help changing the way it looks don't hesitate to ask:
-------------------------------------

#version unofficial MegaPov 0.4;

isosurface {
  function { x^20+y^20+z^20-1-noise3d(x*15,y*15,z*15)/10
    -noise3d(x*60,y*60,z*60)/20 }
  contained_by { box { -1.1,1.1 } }
  threshold 0
  accuracy .01
  sign -1

  pigment { bozo color_map { [0 rgb <.9,.8,.7>]
    [0.5 rgb <1, .9, .8>] } scale <.1,.5,.1> }
  scale 15

}

camera {
  location <0,0,0>