POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : "warp speed" effect : Re: "warp speed" effect Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "warp speed" effect
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 25 Feb 2000 02:56:18
Message: <38b635a2@news.povray.org>
Closest things I know of is to use either an extremely wide angle camera lens
(perspective angle from 67 [default] to <180 for example), it can distort the
periphery of view stretching everything that's not near the center of the field;
or using a "environment" sphere which changes scale only in one axis from 1 to
100 times the other two axis scales for example, both ways used by changing the
numbers over the duration of a clock animation.
Either one or both together should do okay for the effect you want.  The camera
way is scene-centric and can't be used from a side view, the scaled sphere way
can be rotated for sideways movement but can't affect scene objects (you could
actually get around that by unioning the entire scene and rescaling it all in
one axis).

Bob