POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : IsoCactus : Re: IsoCactus Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IsoCactus
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 25 Feb 2000 02:30:18
Message: <38b62f8a@news.povray.org>
I tried this out and found the line:
 bounded_by {cylinder {Pt, Pt+vnormalize(NewNorm)*0.25, 0.011}}
was causing a unnecessary bounding error to occur, so I guess that's part of the
problem you mentioned.  Commenting it out seemed to make no difference in the
rendered image or rendering time.
The camera is said to not have perpendicular vectors and commenting out the up
and right line in it is corrects the warning.
I see what you mean about the "static" caused by not antialiasing those spines.
Makes you're render of it, which was posted at p.b.i., all the better than the
one I've seen here so far.  Amazing how the radiosity, without any AA used,
makes it look okay though.

Bob