POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 2nd_2_last_60ishPNG : Re: 2nd_2_last_60ishPNG Server Time
3 Oct 2024 02:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2nd_2_last_60ishPNG
From: Paul Vanukoff
Date: 24 Feb 2000 20:40:29
Message: <38b5dd8d@news.povray.org>
Yeah, even though textures are 3D, they only are displayed on the surface.
The way around it is to use media, or use a multi-layered object. For
example, composing a cylinder out of several hundred discs stacked so
closely on top of eachother, that you cannot see the space between them. My
experimentations with this method look neat, but are expensive as far as
memory and speed go.

--
Paul Vanukoff
van### [at] primenetcom