POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IsoCactus - IsoCacti.JPG (1/1) : Re: IsoCactus - IsoCacti.JPG (1/1) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 02:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IsoCactus - IsoCacti.JPG (1/1)
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 24 Feb 2000 08:35:02
Message: <38b53386@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Here is my first attempt at a cactus in MegaPOV(inspired by some
> discussions in the thread "A clock"), it uses trace() and an isosurface.
> The texturing still needs a lot of work...

    Looks great how it is but you are right, just a little bit of texturing
would go a long way on this. I am just baffled at how this is one
IsoSurface! I suspect that there is some sort of a sin()/cos() thing going
on, but dang if I can figger it.

    There is a -lot- more to IsoSurface than I will ever be able to learn.