POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : The math of circular truetype fonts : Re: The math of circular truetype fonts Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The math of circular truetype fonts
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 21 Feb 2000 15:43:43
Message: <38b1a37f@news.povray.org>
In article <38b18d1f@news.povray.org> , ron### [at] povrayorg (Ron Parker)
wrote:

>>Given that you know the total length you can use 2*pi*r (perimeter of a
>>circle) and the fact that  2*pi*r*360/angle = length
>
> This is only true in the limit as the number of characters approaches
> infinity.  He's only got the lengths of the chords, not of the arcs.
> The length of a chord is 2*r*sin(angle/2).

It seems I don't understand the question completely then.  I learned math in
German and the English terms might have confused me ... but I still think
there should be a simple solution to the problem.

I have posted a diagram in povray.binaries.images which should help me
understand the problem.  To make it simple, could you state in terms of that
diagram which variables are known?

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde