POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRIDIA (~55kau) : Re: IRIDIA (~55kau) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 02:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRIDIA (~55kau)
From: TonyB
Date: 21 Feb 2000 09:43:57
Message: <38b14f2d@news.povray.org>
>I like the ring propeller shape in the back... How did you do it...?

I put some spheres in a #while loop, making them rotate A degrees each time,
and varying their radius depending on the height, bigger at 0 and smaller in
either y direction. I say several spheres, because first you have the main
shape, and then the grooves that you need to make. The groves would be made
with negative strengths on smaller spheres, of course.

>I also started in on the blobing madness... My piece is starting to look
like a
>mars rover but since i only have the chaise who knows...?

Good luck. I'm sure you'll come up with something good.

>I like the lettering in the corner for IRIDIA...

Beatbox.

>How do you pronounce that... Is it like Orida fries...?

ih-rih-dee-uh

>The TonyB-2000 sounds like a cheesy r&b group like Back Street Boys or
>N-Sync...

Uh-oh. BTW, did you notice the font? I've never seen to movies or series, so
I don't know if it's the actual thing, but it's called Borg9. (They use red,
right?)

>As for a good name to the acronym ...??...
>How about IRIDIUM instead...( metallic chemical )

I didn't want a good acronym, I wanted better meaning for the letters that
compose it. Besides, IRIDIUM has been used before (remember the satellite
"cell" phones that were like $5 a minute, but you could call all over the
Globe, and they went bankrupt?).