POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : This is Your Captain Speaking <82k jpg> : PS Server Time
3 Oct 2024 04:58:53 EDT (-0400)
  PS
From: Eric Freeman
Date: 19 Feb 2000 18:15:56
Message: <38af242c@news.povray.org>
The aircraft (a Piper Malibu) looks grainy from the conversion from jpeg to
gif (needed to make transparent holes for the windshield).  Not much I can
do about that (no... I'm not going to hand-model it in POV).  The rest of
the scene is just a "city.inc" city and a sky_sphere.

For those who don't know Laurie Anderson, you can here some of her music
here:

http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=837182093/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/alb
um.html/artistid=ANDERSON*LAURIE/itemid=323118

Sorry for the ridiculously long url.  This page has a clip from the song
"From the Air" on it.  RealPlayer or MPEG player required.

Eric
--------------------
http://www.datasync.com/~ericfree
--------------------
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
--Bertrand Russel

"Eric Freeman" <eri### [at] datasynccom> wrote in message
> Uh oh... I've been listening to Laurie Anderson again!!!
>
> "Good evening.  This is your Captain.  We are about to attempt a crash
> landing.  Please extinguish all cigarettes.  Place your tray tables in
their
> upright, locked position.  Your Captain says: Put your head on your knees.
> Your Captain says: Put your head on your hands.  Captain says: Put your
> hands on your head.  Put your hands on your hips.  Heh, heh.  This is your
> Captain - and we are going down.  We are all going down, together.  And I
> said: Uh oh.  This is gonna be some day.  Standby.  This is the time.  And
> this is the record of the time.  This is the time.  And this is the record
> of the time.  Uh - this is your Captain again.  You know, I've got a funny
> feeling I've seen this all before.  Why?  Cause I'm a caveman.  Why?
Cause