POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : I am a Animation Plugin newbie [~120KB mpg] : I am a Animation Plugin newbie [~120KB mpg] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 19:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  I am a Animation Plugin newbie [~120KB mpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 18 Feb 2000 20:42:01
Message: <38adf4e9@news.povray.org>
This is a tiny animation I wanted to show anyone who might be as confused as I
am about the Moray IK and Animation Plugin what can happen if trying to do a
'cubic' interpolation of keyframes.
Basically the problem I am still having is of jerky movements, as though only
partial interpolation is taking place.
Not only that, I cut&pasted the red block elsewhere and yet it still showed up
in the robots hand at the beginning.  It wasn't there in the wireframe preview,
it was supposedly correct before running the animation render.  I placed it back
into the robot hand when it went to pick it up so it would follow along from
then on which of course it does do.
Notice the part when it shows the block to the camera and twists its hand some.
It was actually a 180 degree turn when previewed.
Well, I'm not saying there's something wrong with the program, just that any
user of it like me is probably going to see, or has seen, a similar result too
so I wanted to confirm that for everyone.
I still have to read up on the tutorials and docs.

Bob
--
omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm

Post a reply to this message