POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Return of the Beach, by Kevin Wampler : Re: Return of the Beach, by Kevin Wampler Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Return of the Beach, by Kevin Wampler
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 15 Feb 2000 19:27:39
Message: <38a9eefb@news.povray.org>
It's slow to render no matter what you do, especially at the horizon.  I almost
put a note warning of that but neglected to do so.  I'd suggest you try no
higher than 160x120 resolution at first and do not use AA.
It shouldn't be blacked out except that the original scene, which is what it's
set up to do, is much darker.
I guess it's possible that the max_trace_level isn't set at the default if you
were rendering the original scene too.  I only put the global_settings into the
section for my changed scene to be sure it has the default 5 set there, if any
lower it begins to darken the ocean.
Anyway, it sounds to me like you were rendering my scene anyhow so I can't
imagine what would be wrong then as long as the max_trace_level is upward of 4
or 5.  I just rendered both here again to make sure I didn't go wrong with the
message posting and it is okay still.
If all else fails I would like to see a tiny render of it (even a tiny 80x60
should show okay) if you could send by email please.  It really shouldn't render
it wrong.

Bob